Adjunct Instructor - WSB Marketing Department
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Adjunct/Overload Teaching
Job Number: H99999
Closing: 2/14/2024 11:59 PM Mountain
Location: 800 W University Parkway, Orem
Division: Woodbury School of Business
Utah Valley University is seeking an Adjunct Instructor to teach in the WSB Marketing department. Under administrative direction from the program coordinator, department chairperson, and dean, individual shall perform some or all of the following duties:
- Teach courses in field of study.
- Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepare instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instruct, manage, and supervise individual and groups in classrooms, laboratories, and shops through using appropriate teaching methods.
- Evaluate instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods.
- Maintain a student-oriented approach to education.
- Maintain and submit accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Coordinate cooperative work experience programs and students as assigned.
- Assist counselors, department chairperson and or program coordinator, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program.
- Improve professionally and maintain currency in the courses taught by:
- Reading and utilizing materials found in trade, technical, and professional publications
- Surveying and researching industrial and business establishments
- Obtaining and maintaining certification and degrees as required
- Attending professional and specialty courses
- Keeping abreast of new development trends, and techniques.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in the subject matter or a closely related area and two years of teaching or closely related professional experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study.
- Knowledge of work experience programs (if appropriate for assignment).
- Skill in public speaking and report writing.
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/3827910/adjunct-instructor-wsb-marketing-department
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency